Rita is pleased to bring mindfulness education and training to the workplace. She attributes mindfulness as essential for her personal wellness and enthusiastically shares her professional strategies with others to increase their understanding.
A 500-hour Yoga Alliance Teacher, Rita teaches yoga and meditation workshops at Turning Point Yoga & Wellness. Yoga is a mindfulness practice blending breath with movement that generates mental calm, emotional resilience, inner balance, and physical flexibility.
Through day/weekend retreats and training, Rita loves to teach mindfulness practices such as yoga and meditation to organizations and groups.
Rita, a national speaker, addresses cancer-related health disparities through the delivery of cancer education for professional caregivers, patients and their loved ones. She also participated in national review panels to assess and expand program offerings for professional caregivers.
Mental Health Speaker
Rita understands the unique needs of both individuals and organizations when it comes to addressing and promoting mental wellness. Her approach is evidence-based, and her presentations foster a conversation around mental wellness, including resources for you and your staff.
Continuing Education Speaker
Rita can deliver several different workshops. Her workshops are engaging, knowledge-backed and interactive, with the ability to offer approved continuing education credits for social workers, counselors, marriage and family therapists and psychologists.
Organizations turn to Rita when they need help with difficult topics, like addressing cultural sensitivity and mental health issues. With more than 10 years of experience providing training to professionals, Rita is a skilled presenter with a style that will engage people and keep their attention.
Current Presentation Topics
- ABCs of Joy
- Forgiveness: The Fundamentals
- Low on Super Powers? Strength-Boosting Ideas for Caregivers
- Love is a Verb
- I AM Peace
- I AM Love
- I AM Joy
- Simple Practices for Balance and Transformation
- Effective Communication for Oncology Professionals
- Complementary Therapies in the Oncology Setting
- Spirituality and Cancer
- Mindfulness for Cancer Wellness
- Cancer Survivorship: Embracing a New Normal
Mental Health/Continuing Education/Corporate
- Humor and Ethics
- Humor and Supervision
- Self-Care Through Mindfulness and Wellness
- Taking Care of Clients Starts with Taking Care of Yourself
- Stress Management for Mental Health Professionals
- Self-Care: Are You Following the Yellow Brick Road?